You’re on your keto journey and the thing you miss the most is good bread. Too bad bread is high in carbs and the store bought stuff that is “low carb” fills a majority of your carb macro quota. Not to mention that stuff is bland or has a weird aftertaste.
Well, today is your lucky day, because you’ve stumbled upon one of the top keto bread recipes. This recipe is six years in the making and finally after many failed attempts this bread takes the cake.
- 1 ¼ cups almond flour
- 5 tbsp. ground psyllium husk powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 ¼ cup boiling water
- 3 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix almond flour, psyllium husk powder, baking powder in a bowl.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Mix vinegar, egg whites in a bowl.
- Use a hand mixer for about 30 seconds. Don’t over mix the dough; it should be play-doh consistency.
- Wet hands and form dough into 4 or 8 pieces of bread. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake on a lower rack in the oven for 50-60 minutes depending on the size of your bread.
Tip: Sprinkle poppy seeds, sesame seeds or salt flakes and herbs before you put it in the oven.
This recipe makes six slices with 2g of carbs per slice.